Using the Machinability Report
Once you've generated a Machinability Report, you can do several valuable things with it:
Modify the Part to Reduce Machining Difficulty
- Review the recommendations and make changes to make the part machinable (if it isn't machinable).
- Adjust features to require less challenging tools and faster machining process (for example, increasing internal radii, reducing the depth of holes and pockets, or adding clearance around features).
- Move features to reduce the number of setups needed to manufacture the part.
Review & Share the Report
- Use the Machinability Report in your design reviews as a basis for assessing the cost-effective manufacture of each component.
- Share the report with your machine shop as an aid to help them in estimating and planning, and to demonstrate that you've considered the challenges and brought them a well-designed, manufacturable component.